Volunteer Engagement Manager
The Jewish Relief Agency (JRA) was started in 2000 with the simple idea that anyone can do good. Our team of dedicated professionals and lay leaders has developed some of the most innovative community engagement and social service programs in the Philadelphia region and, in fact, the country. To continue this path, JRA is adding to our team of passionate professionals focused on social impact, building community, and consistent progress.
JRA is seeking a Volunteer Engagement Manager to perform the critical role of creating and managing an outstanding volunteer experience. If you are a creative, energetic, tech-savvy, data lover – keep reading.
Food Distribution & Volunteer Operations
- Develop, implement and execute recruitment strategies to ensure successful client service programs such as our monthly food distributions
- Oversee all components of the creation of the monthly food delivery assignments
- Work cooperatively with the JRA staff to prepare for food distributions and manage post-distribution actions
- Attend monthly distributions; schedule and coordinate weekday volunteer food delivery
- Compile, maintain and report volunteer statistics
- Analyze trends in our volunteer programs, identify issues, develop and recommend solutions
- Supervise and manage volunteer routes data management software
- Represent JRA, as needed, at community events to promote volunteer opportunities
- Develop and implement strategies to increase volunteers and deepen volunteer engagement
- Work with staff to create compelling volunteer communications.
- Build and maintain relationships with community organizations and attract new groups to food distributions and other volunteer programs
- Confirm and follow up with group leaders, assign delivery routes, enter data, and record keeping.
Youth Volunteer Service Programs
- Manage programs and participant engagement
- Develop program content and protocols
- Measure and analyze program, recommend changes for improvement
Develop and implement recruitment strategies to increase the number of program participants.
The Volunteer Engagement Manager should demonstrate excellence in the following:
- Ethical behavior – Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that their own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of JRA.
- Relationship building – Establish and maintain positive working relationships with volunteers, groups, board and professional staff, to achieve the goals of JRA.
- Effective communication – Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity and innovation – Develop new and unique ways to improve volunteer operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Teamwork – Work cooperatively and effectively with JRA professional staff, volunteers, and lay leaders to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Decision making – Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization – Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Planning – Determine strategies to move JRA forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Problem Solving – Assess situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate potential solutions, make recommendations and/or resolve the problems.
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel and solid MS Office/365 experience
- Experience administering and using CRM software
- Comfort using a variety of database software
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, traditions and practices
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-6 years’ professional experience
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must have access to a car and a valid driver’s license
If you think you’re the right person for this role, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Your resume
- A brief statement of why you want to work here
- A brief statement of why you’re an ideal fit for this role
JRA Philly Job Opportunities