Marketing and Communications Manager
The Jewish Relief Agency (JRA) was started in 2000 with the simple idea that anyone can do good. Our team of dedicated professionals and lay leaders has developed some of the most innovative community engagement and service programs in the Philadelphia region and, in fact, the country. To continue this path, JRA is adding to our team of passionate professionals focused on social impact, building community, and consistent progress.
JRA is seeking a Marketing & Communications Manager to perform the critical role of creating and managing marketing and communications functions in support of existing and new agency programs and services.
We’re seeking someone special with a combined skill set of traditional and digital marketing, writer, brand strategy, graphic designer, and creative direction. It is a hands-on role. The ideal candidate will join a team possessing a mindset of doing “whatever-it-takes” to get a job done.
If this interests you – keep reading.
- Manage JRA’s website, social media channels, and email communications
- Design, develop and manage all creative functions
- Enhance JRA’s visibility by developing and maintaining contacts with local and national media outlets
- Create and implement marketing and public relations plans
- Responsible for the development of all printed and digital materials and advertising
- Assist with planning for JRA annual events
- Oversee, write, edit and coordinate the production of all collateral materials
- Coordinate relationships with marketing and specialty vendors
- Report and analyze the impact of JRA’s marketing and communication efforts
- Participate in all JRA food distributions
The Marketing & Communications Manager should demonstrate excellence in the following:
- Ethical behavior – Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that their own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with JRA’s values.
- Detail oriented – Manage our brand and all aspects of our outward facing presence with precision and accuracy.
- Effective communication – Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity and innovation – Develop new and unique ways to improve all aspects of JRA’s marketing and communications.
- Teamwork – Work cooperatively and effectively with JRA professional staff, volunteers, and lay leaders to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Decision making – Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization – Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
- Planning – Determine strategies to move JRA forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Problem Solving – Assess situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate potential solutions, make recommendations and/or resolve the problems.
- 2-5 years’ professional experience in marketing and communications
- Solid MS Office/365 skills
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Superior project management skills
- Proficiency in website, email, and social media management
- Knowledge and experience with graphic design programs
- Experience running email and direct mail marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, traditions, and practices
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks under deadlines and work both independently and as a team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must have access to a car and a valid driver’s license
If you think you’re the right person for this role, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume
- A brief statement of why you want to work here
- A brief statement of why you’re an ideal fit for this role