JRA is seeking a full-time experienced Administrative Assistant to provide day-to-day administrative support for multiple programs and office activities at our headquarters in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania and approximately four-days a month at our food distribution warehouse in Northeast Philadelphia. We’re seeking a collegial, collaborative professional who is both a team player and self-motivated, and who takes pride in doing a great job that really matters to our team’s success with a smile. This position reports to JRA’s Executive Director.
Bala Cynwyd Headquarters Responsibilities:
- Answer phones and field inquiries from callers
- Greet visitors, process mail, respond to requests for information by clients, visitors, volunteers, and staff
- Assemble, input and update data and manage lists and databases related to Agency programs, clients, volunteers, donors and suppliers
- Provide program support by making follow-up phone calls, sending and processing forms and correspondence, and handling referrals to partner agencies
- Coordinate meeting schedules and logistics for staff, and for board meetings as needed
- Work with the staff and volunteers to coordinate and implement once-a-month food distributions
- Other duties as required
Northeast Philadelphia Warehouse Office Responsibilities:
- Approximately four-days a month, work remotely with the staff at JRA’s warehouse, providing administrative office support
- Assist volunteers and clients, answer phones, enter data into databases, and update records
- Respond to requests for information from volunteers and clients
- Help staff deliver food packages when needed
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of professional experience as an administrative assistant or office manager
- College degree (2 or 4-year) helpful but not required
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and experience with databases
- Strong communications skills
- Knowledge of the Philadelphia community and Jewish traditions are helpful but not required.
- Must have reliable access to a car and a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to work full-time Monday to Friday, one Sunday each month, and occasionally on an evening for special events
- We find strength in and celebrate diversity, and are an equal opportunity employer
- We take pride in attracting, supporting and retaining a terrific collaborative team of professionals, and focusing on being a great place to work
- Benefits include medical and dental coverage, paid sick leave, and a generous package of vacation, paid holidays and compensation time-off
- Convenient and comfortable office location in Bala Cynwyd, close to major roads, SEPTA buses, shopping and places to eat
- JRA is a vibrant non-profit organization focused on alleviating hunger, building community, and helping the most vulnerable individuals and families in the Philadelphia region. Each month we and our staff coordinate approximately 700 to 1,000+ volunteers to pack and then deliver boxes of nourishing food to approximately 3,200 households in the greater Philadelphia region and provide other services to people in need.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com Please reference “Administrative Assistant Position” in the subject line.
© 2017 Jewish Relief Agency. All Rights Reserved.